Raymond T. Seach Partner
|Assistant's Name:||Nikki Wilkerson|
Ray Seach is an AV-Rated attorney focusing on litigation and transactions involving products, premises, shareholders, contracts, financing, and insurance matters. He has significant jury trial experience representing local, regional and national companies. Ray has also litigated appeals to the Indiana Court of Appeals, and has argued before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ray also represents companies and their owners with business formation, shareholder agreements, financing, acquisitions, leasing matters, franchising, and shareholder disputes. Through his work as a Certified Public Accountant before attending Indiana University School of Law, Ray gained experience with auditing entities and their financial statements, which provides a strong foundation for his work as a litigation and business lawyer.
- Defended and continues to defend major HVAC manufacturer in its Indiana product liability and contract claims related to fires, property damages and other losses.
- Prosecuted claims by a corporation against a former employee and his business for breach of fiduciary duties, resulting in a favorable verdict at trial for the corporation.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial for former employees in claims by employer for alleged conversion and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Prosecuted claims by former business owner against the current owners for breach of fiduciary duty, which led to a significant settlement for the client.
- Following a significant fire, defended two jury trials against the property insurer for alleged bad faith in denying the property owners’ claim, which resulted in settlement of the claim for less than 10% of the alleged damages.
- Obtained defense verdict at jury trial for claims against property owners related to serious personal injuries arising out of the property owners’ alleged failure to properly control animals on their property.
- Obtained defense verdict at jury trial related to injuries resulting from misuse of a moped by a minor.
- Defended a catastrophic injury claim against a product manufacturer through challenges to the Plaintiff’s expert, leading to a favorable settlement for the manufacturer.
- Obtained numerous Orders granting Summary Judgment for manufacturers in mass tort litigation claims.
- Represented major shareholder in takeover efforts regarding public corporation and related share disposition.
- Assisted large manufacturer with sale of more than twenty Indiana plant locations.
- Represented franchisor of nursing home services in obtaining required franchise registrations and preparing franchise agreements and disclosures.
- Represented franchisees in review and evaluation of franchise documents.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Negotiable Instruments
- Notre Dame Alumni Association
- Indiana University Alumni Association
- Holy Spirit at Geist Church
- Indiana State Bar Association Insurance Agency, Board Member
- Central Indiana Small Business Development Center, Advisory Board Member
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- American Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Speaker and Moderator at Insurance Institute of Indiana Annual Seminar for Insurance Professionals and Defense Trial Attorneys. Speaker at Better Business Bureau Seminar for Business and Tax Planning.
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., with High Honors (1986)
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude (1993)
- Indiana (1993)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern Districts and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Certified Public Accountant in California (currently inactive)