Anthony R. Jost Partner
|Assistant's Name:||Rebecca Aldous|
Tony Jost represents clients in various aspects of business and civil litigation, including commercial, real estate, employment and complex tort litigation in federal and state court.
He counsels clients in commercial lease drafting, negotiation and enforcement, and real estate and business acquisition and financing. Tony further advises clients as to proper selection and formation of business entities, lender documentation, franchising, state and federal business regulatory matters and general contractual matters.
Tony represents creditors in all formal bankruptcy proceedings in federal court, provides workout answers and advice on behalf of creditors, prosecutes collection claims and defends creditors in various aspects, including but not limited to fraudulent conveyance and preference claims.
He provides answers, advice and advocacy in all aspects of business, commercial and litigation affairs with specific emphasis on the finance, health care, governmental, construction, transportation and telecommunications sectors.
Tony also serves on the Firm's Management Committee (2013-present).
- On numerous occasions successfully defended and tried lawsuits in commercial, real estate, employment and complex litigation matters.
- Negotiated and drafted finance, transactional and organizational documents for various clients.
- Represented banking clients in preparing and negotiating loan documents and service agreements and in prosecuting claims associated with breaches under those documents and agreements.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of health care providers in pursuing payment under service provider agreements and other contracts.
- Prosecuted large mechanic's lien and breach of construction contract claims on behalf of general contractors, seeking payment for construction products and services.
- Defended at trial a number of lawsuits against trucking companies for claims involving personal injury and property damage.
- Represented multiple multi-billion dollar creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Indiana Super Lawyers® 2012-2013
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation – Bar Fellow
- Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series Class XXX
- Delta Theta Phi. Notes Editor, Adelphia Law Journal
- Eagle Scout
- Boy Scouts of America—Chair, Risk Management Committee; Friends of Scouting; Development Committee; Nominating Committee Hou Koda District; Cubmaster Pack 504
- Boy Scouts of America Crossroads of America Council (Eagle Scout 1984, District Award of Merit 2011, District Golden Feather Award 2012)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation—Board Member (2002-2007); Development Committee
- Hulman Memorial Way Foundation—Board Member
- St. Christopher Parish—Parishioner
- CYO Youth Sports--Coach
- Volunteer Attorney for Legal Lines (IndyBar's Ask-A-Lawyer Program)
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Defense Research Institute
- Tony is a frequent speaker at seminars for clients regarding industry-specific issues in the law and its affects on the specific industry.
- DePauw University, B.A. (cum laude) 1990
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Indiana (1993)
- Illinois (1994)
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Central and Northern Districts of Illinois